Followers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Gingerbread Baby

Well, I shouldn't be doing this now, I mean posting something on a Saturday morning when I got loads of other things to do, but I just finished this card, and really wanted to upload it, so I thought a quick one won't take long he he :)

So, this is another Christmas Card I done this week, using again one of my lovely Stamp Fairy stamps and this one was also one of the Freebie Friday stamps. There's a new one this week, don't forget to go get it before it goes in the store.

I'm so happy today, the sun is out again and I could take a nice picture to show all the shine and glitter on my card. I coloured stamp with my promarkers and then added some 3D paint that I had in one of my drawers for the icing on the gingerbread boy. I really loved how it turned out.
The papers were recycled from an old wedding invitation, but I added the stamped stars on it myself. This is the lovely sketch I followed.
and used this photo for my inspiration as well.

I made my card with these challenges in mind..
Pear Tree Designs 28 - THE SKETCH
Aly's Sunday 30 - ALY'S FAVOURITE THINGS (gingerbreads)
Everybody Art Challenge 119 - GINGERBREAD TIME
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge 43 - THE INSPIRATIONAL PHOTO
The Stamp Man 11 - TAKE ANY 3 COLOURS (for my red, yellow and gold)
IDIC Challenge 31 - SURPRISE ME
2 Sisters Challenge 16 - SPARKLY CHRISTMAS

Thank you for looking today. ... now I'm off to the post-office and then to do some housework.

Big hugs
xxx

--- --- --- ---

DT Call 'til 13th December


22 comments:

Margreet said...

Hi Dora....gorgeous card with that sweet gingerbread....thanks for the tip for the freebie....the weather overhere is grey with a cutting wind and snow is coming again....enjoy your weekend!
xxx Margreet

Anonymous said...

THis is such a cute card. I love it :)

cheryl said...

oh how cute is this so sweet,brilliant,card hun just love the coulrs hugs cherylx

Fleur said...

What a cute card Dora, great colour combo too
Hugz fleur xXx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Stunning Christmas card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Cheryl said...

So very cute,love that image and the beautiful colours!!!
Hugs xx

Tami said...

Oh how cute thanks for sharing at Aly's.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dora :-) I love Stampfairy images and you did this gingerbread man proud :-) i just love his smile ,, you have to smile with him :-) ,, cute !!

hope you have a lovely evening at Maji, the food is just excellent there !! one of my fave restaurants :-) We will have to meet up one day :-)

luv
Lols x x x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation thank you for playing along with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

Courtney said...

Dora...This is adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun card, great way to recycle and old invite!

nicolet said...

You have made a sweet card!
Became a follower so I won't have to miss anything!
Hugs nicolet

Christina said...

A gorgeous card Dora! Really adorable!
Hugs Kristel

Unknown said...

Lovely gingerbread card Dora, simply fab! Jo xxx

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous card Dora - such a lovely gingerbread man and your 3 colours are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Stamp Man.
luv {brenda} xoxox

Anonymous said...

Awwwww aint he so cute I love your card and love the way you used the colour inspiration, love the 3D paint look just like sugar icing! Samantha :0)

Kelly said...

Great card. I just love the gingerbread image and the paper and ribbon is perfect. You've never know the paper was a recycled wedding invitation!

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

This gingerbread is so cute ,thanks for joining us by eac.
Hugs agnes

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Debs, love the cute gingerbread baby.
luv
Debby

Helen said...

Awww...such a cute card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Cor* said...

sure does look good enough to eat ! Great colors and glittery goodness!! LOVE THE SUGAR BOWL!

Darlene said...

This is such an adorable creation! Thanks so much for joining us at PPCC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...